Thursday, 14 January 2010

Stuck in reverse

There's things that I've been meaning to say
A flicker of doubt, that keeps screaming out.
So I push and I shove, but my courage backs up,
And I'm left here again, stuck in reverse.

Got close one day in trying to explain
All my fears to you.
But you flashed me that smile to throw me of the trail.
And I'm left here again, stuck in reverse.

I swear I keep seeing glimpses of you
Between cracks in the blinds and at unearthly times.
You're going somewhere else when you used to want to see me.
Leaving me stuck in reverse.

It's true, I won't deny
The interest between us has faded away
Conversations, more like interviews and interrogations
Hollow throughout, riddled with doubt
A feeble excuse for two lovers to use

It's sad you can't admit the truth
Come clean with me and yourself
So back to your friend who be both know you pretend you don't see
Leave me stuck in reverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment