Thursday, 14 January 2010

King and Queen

Please get your chair away from the window,
I know that you're no Rapunzel.
But I bet if you let your hair down
I would try to jump out, climb up and rescue you.

Can't you see? It's not you,
It's you and me.
Can't you see? We're not free,
We're King and Queen.
We're stuck together like branches stuck to a tree

Don't run, don't run
This rope's not very long.
You pull, I'll fall
Then my darling we are done.

Now I see it's not you
It's me entirely.
Now I see we're not free,
We're King and Queen.
We were forced together like actors into a scene.

Don't run, don't run
This rope's not very long.
You pull, I'll fall
Then my darling we are done.

Hark! Can you hear the angels cry?
They've seen the damage
They saw the sparks fly
They pulled their King out from gutter
After you churned his brain like milk into butter
Oh cry for me now, cry for me
Don't you know you've got to cry for me now
Cry for me


No comments:

Post a Comment